Woofingham Palace is different from EVERY other Training & Daycare Facility in the area. We’ve created a facility where puppies can receive Training & Socialization, but also, the puppies & dogs really LOVE IT! Check out the Gallery on the More page and our Facebook and Instagram page which is updated every day. Facebook.com/Woofingham or #woofinghampalaceSD to see for yourself!
So what makes Woofingham Palace so special?
WE OFFER PUPPY SOCIALIZATION SESSIONS & ADULT DAYCARE in two completely separate Yards.
PUPPY SOCIALIZATION SESSIONS
We will teach your puppy Doggy Manners, Socialization & Bite Inhibition.We are the only facility in the area that offers Puppy Socialization Sessions.
Socializing your puppy between 8-16 weeks is THE most important things you can do. Please read this article by the AVSAB on Puppy Socialization which was issued to all the Vets in the USA in 2008. American Vetinary Ass. Puppy Socialization Allow your puppy to visit us during the most important period of his development before 16 weeks of age and we will ensure your pup turns into a sociable confident adult dog. Research confirms that adult dogs who attended puppy kindergarten training and socialization classes before 16 weeks were far less likely to exhibit problem behaviors than their litter mates that did not attend puppy socialization play sessions.
The Puppy Program at Woofingham Palace was created 5 years ago by Samantha Mears the Head Trainer who found she was constantly dealing with behavior issues in adult dogs which could be directly related back to no or incorrect socialization before 16 weeks of age. She decided she had to address this issue and created a specific Puppy Socialization Program for puppies in three age categories. The puppies should ideally start in the Junior Session at 8 weeks, progress to the Intermediate Session and Graduate from the Advanced Session at 24 weeks of age. We know the program works because over the last few years, word of mouth has brought about the need for a waiting list for the Puppy Socialization Program, as we have so many people who sign up for the program before they have even taken their puppy home!
WHAT IS PUPPY SOCIALIZATION?
- A 3 hour Socialization Session. A maximum of 12 puppies per session. This is held in a completely separate yard to our Adult Dog Daycare. We have toys to stimulate play, promote sharing and prevent resource guarding, ball pits to teach standing on uneven surfaces and pools to encourage positive behavior around water. There are two large multi colored wooden play structures which build the puppies confidence as they climb and explore and a large Union Jack rug to give them a relaxing spot to hang out, but they are taught that they potty on the artificial turf NOT on the play rug. The puppies learn different play styles from each other, impulse control and bite inhibition and the Staff will interrupt and redirect any unwanted behaviors before they become established bad habits, such as barking, bullying and humping. Attending these sessions will also stops a puppy from developing Separation Anxiety issues because they are having a positive experience without you around. These Sessions get booked very quickly and puppies in our Royal Puppy Training Class will always be given access to available spaces in each session before puppies who attend training classes elsewhere.
PUPPY SOCIALIZATION SESSIONS ARE BROKEN DOWN AS FOLLOWS:
JUNIOR PUPPY (8 – 12 weeks)
If you would like your Puppy to attend a Puppy Socialization Session. They must sign up for a Training Package. You have four choices;
****ROYAL PUPPY TRAINING CLASS & SOCIALIZATION PLATINUM PACKAGE. This includes the 4 week Royal Puppy Training Class, which you will both attend on a Wednesday from 5.30pm -6.45pm for 4 weeks with your puppy. (Further details on the Training page of this website.) The puppies spend the first 30 minutes playing with the other puppies in the Class. We will then spend 45 minutes teaching you and your puppy, basic obedience commands. This package also offers 9 x Puppy Socialization Sessions. This is our best offer and the package we recommend to guarantee your puppy grows into the best dog they can be. Cost $399.
***ROYAL PUPPY TRAINING CLASS & SOCIALIZATION GOLD PACKAGE. This includes the 4 week Royal Puppy Training Class, which you will both attend on a Wednesday from 5.30pm -6.45pm for 4 weeks with your puppy. (Further details on the Training page of this website.) The puppies spend the first 30 minutes playing with the other puppies in the Class. We will then spend 45 minutes teaching you and your puppy, basic obedience commands. This package also offers 4 x Puppy Socialization Sessions. this is an opportunity for your puppy to spend a total of 12 hours away from you. They will be playing and interacting with other puppies their age, it will show them how to play nicely, prevent resource guarding, teach bite inhibition & teach them how to read other dogs. Cost $299.
**PUPPY SOCIALIZATION SILVER PACKAGE. This includes 11 Puppy Socialization Sessions. giving 33 hours of Puppy Socialization. Cost $300.
*PUPPY SOCIALIZATION BRONZE PACKAGE . This includes 5 Puppy Socialization Sessions. giving 15 hours of Puppy Socialization. Cost $150.
The Socialization Sessions get booked very quickly. Puppies in the Royal Puppy Class will be given access to available spaces in each session before puppies who attend training classes elsewhere.
- 30,000 square foot of fenced in, shaded, artificial turf. That’s just over half an acre! No other facility in the area even comes close to offering this size yard. The turf is specially made for dog use. It has 2 inches of cushioned underlay which means no matter how much running your dog does there is no jarring impact on his joints.
- Windsor Castle and London Bridge. We have custom built wooden play structures which are specially constructed for dog use with ramps and bridges.
- Intense, nonstop, 4 hour Adult Dog Play Session. Daycare lasts for 4 hours from 8am – 12pm or 1pm -5pm, then your dog goes home. After 4 hours of nonstop supervised play, your dog is ready to go home and sleep it off. The average dog sleeps around 14 hours a day so this is an excellent way of allowing your dog to socialize with other dogs, exercise until he is tired, then sleep it off at home. Don’t you think he would much rather catch up on his sleep at home rather than a cold, concrete kennel?
- Owned and operated by a Certified Professional Dog Trainer. We are not going to allow your dog to create any bad habits. We can also work with them on developing good behaviors.
- Low number of dogs in a large amount of Space. Your dog will have the opportunity to socialize and play with other dogs, but enough room for them have to have personal space too. We have the highest staff to dog ratio of any daycare in the area, so play will be constantly supervised.
- Pick Up and Drop off Service. We can pick your dog up for morning or afternoon daycare or drop him off after the morning or afternoon session. Pick up and drop off is only available for dogs who come at least twice a week and live within a 3 mile radius of the Facility.
- We Make your Dog Feel Special! Most importantly we promise that you and your dog will both receive a level of service fit for Royalty!
ADULT DAYCARE RATE
$33 per 4 hour session.
Second dog $21 per 4 hour session.
SPECIAL PACKAGE OFFER
Buy a package of 10 $330. Get 1 session FREE!
Buy a package of 20 $660. Get 3 sessions FREE!
Buy a package of 30 $990. Get 5 sessions FREE!
….NEED YOUR DOG TO BE HERE LONGER?
Each additional hour $8